Notice of Mohegan Tribe Public Meeting on Mar. 1, 2024
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)’s Climate Pollution Reduction Program Grant: PRIORITY CLIMATE ACTION PLAN
Fri., Mar. 1, 2024 at 4:00 PM
Mohegan Tribe Community & Government Center
Mohegan Tribal Meeting Room (Mowawikamuq) (Main Entrance)
13 Crow Hill Road, Uncasville, CT 06382
The Tribe received the Climate Pollution Reduction Program grant from the EPA for the purpose of finding ways to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions.
The Mohegan Tribe is developing the Mohegan Tribe Greenhouse Gas Planning Project (Project) in which the Tribe is discovering ways to assess its current greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and explore near-term, high-priority, implementation-ready measures that will reduce GHG pollution. The goals of this Project are to:
- Gain a better understanding of the Tribe’s production of GHG emissions and its impact on the environment.
- Identify ways on how the Tribe can reduce its GHG footprint.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to formulate initiatives to reduce or offset GHG emissions.
- Determine if the Tribe should adopt or amend any of its laws, policies, and/or procedures as well as business practices to ensure the reduction of GHG emissions, and
- Protect the environment as our ancestors have done and improve and protect the people, land, and resources of the Tribe to enhance the health, safety, and welfare of the 13 generations to come.
The purpose of this public meeting is to gain feedback from Tribal members, key stakeholders, and the general public on the Tribe’s Priority Climate Action Plan (PACP). The PCAP is a narrative report that includes a focused list of near-term, high-priority, implementation-ready measures to reduce greenhouse gas pollution and an analysis of greenhouse gas emissions that would be achieved through implementation. This public meeting is an in-person-only meeting, written comments can be sent to [email protected] no later than 4:30 pm on March 8, 2024.